Eye lash extensions increase the length, volume and thickness of your natural lashes. Application of eye lash extensions is a pain-free proses and they are weightless on your eyes. They are also water resistant therefor you can shower, swim and exercise without damaging them.
The lash extensions are semi-permanent and can last anything between 4 to 6 weeks, depending on the growth cycle of your natural lashes and how the client takes care of her new lashes, etc. Your lash extensions will fall out/shed with your natural lashes, this is perfectly normal. Your natural lashes will grow back as part of their natural cycle.
Application of a Classical full set takes more or less and hour and thirty minutes/two hours. Every 2 to 4 weeks the client needs to come in for a fill to maintain the lash extensions. A trained therapist should be able to complete your fill within an hour and a half. My Full set Hybrid, Russian Volume and Hollywood Volume takes a bit longer, due to the fact that I scalp every single fan by hand. I do not use pre-made fan volumes.
A full set Hybrid can take up to 2 hours, a full set Russian Volume can take 2-2.5 hours and a Hollywood Volume can take 2-3 hours.
This is what we as Extension trainers have been doing the past few years. These extensions will give you length and a different shape (according to your eyes) but NOT VOLUME. As a therapist we can only add volume to the amount of natural lashes you have by attaching a thick extension (between 0.15 and 0.25 mm) to one natural lash. This usually takes one and a half to two hours for a full set and an hour to and hour and a half for a fill.
If you want va-va-voom, and love some extra drama these lash extensions are for you! They are STUNNING!!! I personally love them as they are fluffy and add great volume and curl. They add more volume instead of length . The lash extension used is very thin, but allows the therapist to scalp and shape the lash to create a fan effect. If 4 thin (4D) lashes (0.07) are applied to a natural lash it is still not equivalent in weight to one Classical extension (0.20), therefor adding volume without unnecessary weight. Application of a full set takes 2 to 3 hours.
– Please arrive without any eye make-up on your eyes. Your are also more than welcome to cleanse your eyes in our Bathroom facilities.
– I recommend clients to remove their contact lenses (if they wear any) before coming for lash extensions.
– For any big and special events (weddings, matric farewells) I recommend coming 3-5 days before the event for your full set Lash extensions.
– Do not wet your lash extensions for 10 hours after application (Full set and Fill).
– Any moisturisers, eye creams, oily or creamy eye make-up removers/Skin care products will act as a debonder to the adhesive so take care when washing your face. I recommend a Eye lash cleanser to clean your lash extensions, and then the client can use her regular products to clean/moisture her skin.
– Do not rub your eyes or pull on your extensions!
– Curling of Lash Extensions are NOT recommended, especially NOT with a heated curler.
– When cleansing the eyes and removing eye make-up I recommend a oil-free cleanser and make-up remover. I recommend Chrissanthie Eye Lid Cleanser/Cascade Eye lash Cleanser or Johnson’s & Johnson’s baby wash. All of these products are oil free and save to use on your lash extensions, around and on eyes.
– If you have any questions please don’t hesitate to contact me personally.